Saturday, July 28, 2007

Back Sliding

I was on the brink of falling as I slip down the slopes to failure; luckily I still had a friend out there to grab my hand. It’s been pretty bad for me for the past two weeks when I had to dislodge myself from my usual group of friends, so now everyday it’s quite hard for me to go out for lunch as I have to change my position every day. Besides that, our term is almost up with final projects, redo’s, extra credit assignment and the normal assignment not to mention the compilation of all these finally got to be handed up. I am rushing everything now, in hope that I would not fail this term. But the most fucked up thing about the whole two weeks was that everyone was pissing me off, from the stupid moron that SMS me daily, *i am doing this not for you but because i dont want you two to have a problem over a small matter, so if you do not stop it i will not hold back*, stupid retards retake student who speak without going through their comment sense, my constantly gossiping bunch of friend until I totally snapped at them. Oh it was my fault all right and I am happy that I made that choice because apparently people like those are worth a lot of trouble.

So back to my life, I had a few interesting events happening also. Among those highlight was salsa night with a few of second class student, group studies which happened a lot, movies, and meeting of a few new friends. Besides that Emerge KL is in full swing and it’s a lot of fun, I manage to join chess and shoe design (was actually pulled into joining man hunt O.o and SMS shootout but I am going to reject those) *yeah I know that really made you laugh.

The weekend for me had been quite good, after taking my own week break from all that assignment I was able to concentrate in cell, church and my spiritual self. Pastor Kevin Loo is not to say a great preacher but what he preaches is what we are really going through in our life and that he really understand what this generation of people needs. The way he preach is very relax, just as if he was talking to his own group of friends wearing just a jeans and t-shirt up on stage to preach but do not be fooled by what I said because the way he dress is as if he was a rock star, he’s dressing is simple yet out of the crowd unlike many others.

Just last week he shared about what was in my mind ever since I was a Christian. He preaches about us Christian being too safe living in a self contain society that we deny what is happening around us. I find this very true with certain Christian around Malaysia and sadly I have to say GCC is one of them, this isn’t wrong actually but it also clash with what God wants us to do which is to reach out to the lost. Even pastor William knows of this and is changing. That’s why he sends a few of the staff member to CHC Singapore for training. What CHC is teaching us here is that we shouldn’t be living in our safe zone but step out of our comfort zone. I am sorry to stopped half way but the matter seems to be too delicate to be explain here, if you really want to know by all means contact me or even better come and join us at CHCKL every Saturday 5.30 to 7.30, Sunday 9.30 to 11.30 and 11.30 to 1.30. But do remember to keep an open mind if u wants to come for a church visitation. Oh I still love GCC, after all it’s my first spiritual home, just that time is changing and if we do not act we will be left behind.

Today’s service was long but good, “the pursuit of spiritual maturity” a journey which is undertaken until the end of your life. Maturity cannot progress in the absence of trails and testing, mature believers take initiative. Spiritual maturity is not just the ability to hear God’s voice, but to execute God’s intensions. Other than that I also learned that emotions and experience should not always be trusted, instead God’s words should be put first into consideration.

As Pastor said “Your experience may be true but it can never replace the truth”

So much words and I still haven’t said what I did today, I woke up quite early today when Jere called me up for breakfast, he arrived at my door step quite early and I had to quickly take my morning shower. Called Doreen to join us for breakfast at Medan food court and Jere brought Hilda along also. Then we went to Pyramid to buy tickets for afternoon show of the Simpsons movie. After that went to Academy Library to borrow book and do a little research and meeting up with Shee Ree. I also went to cut my hair today, tried a new hair stylist and he did quite a good job as he explain in detail why he cut my hair in certain ways and all. Just like having a teacher teaching me about hair styling hahahaha. We watched the 1.40pm movie, the Simpsons were as I would say “Random” nothing special just your normal slap stick jokes of randomness which gets boring after a while. The funniest thing about the movie outing was that the four of us were split up, me and Doreen taking one end of the row and Shee Ree with Ah Fatt at the other end of it, we had to shout to communicate to each other but surely not during the movie. After that went for a drink at Uncle Lim’s, quite normal and pricy also as most of the food in Sunway is expensive. During the cluster meeting in church I manage to meet a few new cluster mates and was drag to join a fashion competition, (Harajuku = Japanese fashion aka. Lala fashion) the funniest was that they drag me into joining man hunt. *I will not talk about this anymore! Laugh all u want!

Do you want me to get started on Harry Potter? among the best children fairy tale i have read "simple yet challenging" and for those Christian parents that are banning thier kids from reading it? the more you stop them, the more lost they become so why not let them read it and then teach them properly for God's sake its just a children fairy tale! I for one do not addore it but the way she writes is just so mind grabbing and story wise, its very emotional, full of action and brings back so many lost memories of mine that i had during my childhood years. I give it a good 8 out of 10, had to because there were so many stupid grammar mistakes and miss spelled.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

1st to comment@!!!!!

aND dude~!!!! I support...
let us live!!!!!!! We like good literature...how can Harry Potter be an evil source of corruption to the Christian Soul..its just a book with magic..
and kid's aren't THAT dumb..
and how can stuff like Expelliarmus or Wingardium Leviosa or Avada Kadavra destroy someone's soul and send them to the path of the devil??

And you so lame Soo....
u gave the book 8/10 coz of the spelling mistakes?? hahahaha...
TRY BUYING THE ORIGINAL!!!!!
Dont just download a free pdf e-book..hahahaha..u pay for wat u get..in your case..u deserve less..

SO..gudluck in school
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

wow! haven't seen u wrote so much! glad u r doing okay. Son, God has different purpose for each church He ordain, so no comparison. City Harvest is doing what God has called them to do, God bless them.

Anonymous said...

lol, my mom's been banning me from seeing harry potter movie or reading the books since the phenom started, haha... i dunno lah. i guess it IS to show that christians shouldn't support the witchcraft. and still should be careful. the devil is cunning enough to subtely use these sorta things to lure young christians away from the truth sorta thing, but i guess that's just my opinion =)

glad you're still doing ok! haha~

Anonymous said...

Long entry! But i managed to finish it! hehe! It takes time to cling with the right friends, don't worry, pray for wisdom to choose YOUR FRIENDS! Take care!!


Portfolio

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Blizzard.art Portfolio. Make your own badge here.

About Me

Born in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah unlike the whole Soo family. YES! Unlike my sister and parents who are born in West Malaysia. My dad’s from Melaka, mom from Ipoh and I have no idea where’s my sis born… I am the only person in my whole family that is born in East Malaysia. I am your typical quite kid who can be emo or stupidly crazy at times. besides that I am a very forgetful person. I love design anything that attracts the eye’s of this generation, past and future is loved by me. currently in The One Academy doing my Foundation year.I don’t have a very complicated life as most may think all I do is sleep, eat, and numerous boring activities which I find quite entertaining to my self. Love to start projects, reading real life story, gaming, slow mind boggling stuff like chess and strategic games not to mention I really despise chili! (Keep that in mind)