Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tourism Seminar

Tourism have never been my favorite subject to study but I got to admit that it is quite fun especially after seeing all the cute girls in the seminar. My dad has been advising me to take up tourism since the day I said I wanted to do design as a courier. He still hasn’t given up on that idea yet and keeps asking me to go to this tourism thingy, so to be an obedient son I just follow.

The seminar started at 9.00am at Tang Dynasty, my dad wasn’t happy with them as they provided poor details on the venue, date and time, besides that when he contacted the Sabah Tourism Board they went totally blur on the subject. Visit Malaysia 2007 “konon” they can’t even provide service to the local community. The seminar started with them explaining the very basic of hospitality. *yawn

They though the very basic stuff from appearance, conversation and so on. So I decided to just draw and sketch randomly at the words that I hear like the word “Public Relation” I drew the initial PR and decorated it with flora design which is one of my favorite.

Then tea time, then more boring talk on body language and stuff the thing that makes me wonder is that the students of Inti, Stamford, KKC college who studies hotel management really don’t have much experience in fluent English, public speaking, and quite shy, but they are after all just foundation students.

Lunch was buffet style at the Tangs restaurant, and then the seminar continued at 2pm. The talk was finally getting interesting as they finally talk about something which I don’t know about “communication” quite funny seeing them act out the tourist and host game. One candidate is the host and one is the tourist asking for direction. Tourist: “excuzee me, I f.f.from cina want know where eat cina foooood” Host: *blur… errmmm first u go down ah, and then you walk out the big door. You see the black building ah, then the restaurant there liao.” Another Host even said “u go to centrepoint, the grey building and then turn left… errr… right… I mean, yes right then you see warisan square” (CP is grey? I tot it was white?)

Then I got to meet a group of Inti student, they were very friendly. I had a good conversation with a girl named Juliana I think, she has interest in graphic design but couldn’t do it because there’s no college that offer that course except S.I.A so she had to settle for tourism. Astagah… sad ler, so I definitely won’t screw up my chance in KL.


*they call it a workbook, i call it a sketch book*promotion for tang dynasty
*The seminar room

3 comments:

Hilary said...

hey..cibai lu..got seminar with cute girls dont call me larr..this wat u call fren waaah

Soo said...

u sendiri boring ur self at ur rehersal lor XD

Mas Light said...

omg, u dun say, tourism malaysia sucks man...i think they haf lotsa lazy ppl around. that's why things dun get done..haih~


Portfolio

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Blizzard.art Portfolio. Make your own badge here.

About Me

Born in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah unlike the whole Soo family. YES! Unlike my sister and parents who are born in West Malaysia. My dad’s from Melaka, mom from Ipoh and I have no idea where’s my sis born… I am the only person in my whole family that is born in East Malaysia. I am your typical quite kid who can be emo or stupidly crazy at times. besides that I am a very forgetful person. I love design anything that attracts the eye’s of this generation, past and future is loved by me. currently in The One Academy doing my Foundation year.I don’t have a very complicated life as most may think all I do is sleep, eat, and numerous boring activities which I find quite entertaining to my self. Love to start projects, reading real life story, gaming, slow mind boggling stuff like chess and strategic games not to mention I really despise chili! (Keep that in mind)